Elective Diary
6th of September
Today I went to Firstsite at the Minories in Colchester. After some discussion they suggested that I contact a number of different people and a number of different galleries.
They suggested that I produce a proposal detailing the idea of what I want to do with my Elective project.
I suggested that my initial concept was to find a gallery space and produce an instillation piece both taking into account the space and also my own ideas.
My intial concepts include a Son et Luminere piece, based around an operatic piece or a Kinetic Light piece (reminiscent of the work that I did with Chris M and Dan T).
My intial ideas is an expansion on the work done in regards to the flying dutchman project and using a huge sheet of cloth in the form of a sail and projecting through and around it. A second piece that is inspiring me is the idea of an Electronic Light Organ.
This would be a Piano (upright) and a dark and dingy (but not smokey) atmosphere. It would start with the Entertainer by Scott Joplin, with every note being being shown as a light on the appropriate key. Essetially the light plays the music. The lights would be keyed from a Midi player which also triggers a synthasiser in the piano.
As the music continues and builds, then so does the kinetic ambient lighting – starting off with allong the perifieral and at a lower level than can normally sensed, but then building with the music.
Anyhow...
The nice lady at the Minories suggested that I countact with my proposal.
Anthony Roberts at the Colchester Arts Centre
T 01206 500 900
e info@colchesterartscentre.com
Annabel Lucas (Assistant Director),
Laura Davison (Education Officer) at the Minories
Annabel.Lucas@firstsite.uk.net
Laura.Davison@firstsite.uk.net
T 01206 577 067
Cabaret Voltaire
T 01206 545 289
www.cabvol.biz
Digby Gallery @ the Mercury Theatre
Katrina
01206 577 006
Katrinar@mercurytheatre.com
Thats enough to be getting on with.
Today I went to Firstsite at the Minories in Colchester. After some discussion they suggested that I contact a number of different people and a number of different galleries.
They suggested that I produce a proposal detailing the idea of what I want to do with my Elective project.
I suggested that my initial concept was to find a gallery space and produce an instillation piece both taking into account the space and also my own ideas.
My intial concepts include a Son et Luminere piece, based around an operatic piece or a Kinetic Light piece (reminiscent of the work that I did with Chris M and Dan T).
My intial ideas is an expansion on the work done in regards to the flying dutchman project and using a huge sheet of cloth in the form of a sail and projecting through and around it. A second piece that is inspiring me is the idea of an Electronic Light Organ.
This would be a Piano (upright) and a dark and dingy (but not smokey) atmosphere. It would start with the Entertainer by Scott Joplin, with every note being being shown as a light on the appropriate key. Essetially the light plays the music. The lights would be keyed from a Midi player which also triggers a synthasiser in the piano.
As the music continues and builds, then so does the kinetic ambient lighting – starting off with allong the perifieral and at a lower level than can normally sensed, but then building with the music.
Anyhow...
The nice lady at the Minories suggested that I countact with my proposal.
Anthony Roberts at the Colchester Arts Centre
T 01206 500 900
e info@colchesterartscentre.com
Annabel Lucas (Assistant Director),
Laura Davison (Education Officer) at the Minories
Annabel.Lucas@firstsite.uk.net
Laura.Davison@firstsite.uk.net
T 01206 577 067
Cabaret Voltaire
T 01206 545 289
www.cabvol.biz
Digby Gallery @ the Mercury Theatre
Katrina
01206 577 006
Katrinar@mercurytheatre.com
Thats enough to be getting on with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home