Questions for design.
From this thread here are some good questions for designers - to stimulate and explore.
Ahhh... Mike Holms again.
Some point I'll dig out all his standard rants...
Questions to ask yourself about a game you are designing.
[*]What's my target audience - what are my tentative plans for publishing?
[*]How is setting presented in the game?
[*]Who are the characters, and what do they do in play?
[*]How are the characters created in general terms?
[*]What would a typical session of play look like?
[*]What sort of play do I want to reward?
[*]How do I want to reward that play, and what can the rewards be used
for? Punishments?
[*]Does all of the above form a basic concept of which I have a
relatively clear vision?
[*]What makes my RPG unique, and more worth playing than other games
that my audience might otherwise play?
[*]Do I like my basic concept enough to really work on it, and
understand that it doesn't matter if anyone else likes it or not?
[*]Do I have an idea of where to go from here such that I can ask
focused questions about my game?
Ahhh... Mike Holms again.
Some point I'll dig out all his standard rants...
Questions to ask yourself about a game you are designing.
[*]What's my target audience - what are my tentative plans for publishing?
[*]How is setting presented in the game?
[*]Who are the characters, and what do they do in play?
[*]How are the characters created in general terms?
[*]What would a typical session of play look like?
[*]What sort of play do I want to reward?
[*]How do I want to reward that play, and what can the rewards be used
for? Punishments?
[*]Does all of the above form a basic concept of which I have a
relatively clear vision?
[*]What makes my RPG unique, and more worth playing than other games
that my audience might otherwise play?
[*]Do I like my basic concept enough to really work on it, and
understand that it doesn't matter if anyone else likes it or not?
[*]Do I have an idea of where to go from here such that I can ask
focused questions about my game?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home