Cinnamon Dreams

To think, and design, a new way.

My name is Simon, and this is my Web Log. I design games, L(A)RP's, and Lighting - this is just were I empty my head every so often.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Photo Shoot in London

Burlesque Behaving Badly

I have been asked to help light the Burlesque photoshoot, being done in London's Etcetera theatre.

Justin Allen is directing the photoshoot, John Fuller is photographing and Kate Bowtell and Rachel are modeling Rachel's designs.
If I'm honest, I'm a tad nervous about the whole thing. I've never lit a Photoshoot before and I'm not sure I can! I really need to read up on this stuff before I let my mouth run off again.

But thats not the sad part. The sad part is I am so looking forward to it. LRP and RPG's have been drained of so much of their fun for me - facilitating creativity as opposed to being creative myself!

I was so pleased at the original meeting, riffing of each others ideas and feeding into the energy. Why isn't this creative urge there in LRP/RPG's?

I dunno.

Maybe it's simply because everyone is there for the product. In LRP/RPG it's the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home