Cinnamon Dreams

To think, and design, a new way.

My name is Simon, and this is my Web Log. I design games, L(A)RP's, and Lighting - this is just were I empty my head every so often.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Toy Quality

Taken from the Forge, written by Thomas Robertson
"Ben Lehman proposed that we discuss Toy Quality , which he defines as "Any part of the game that is enjoyable when divorced from the SIS" [paraphrase].

I quickly derailed the conversation, and then we spent a while flailing around trying to come up with some definitions. C. Edwards, Vaxalon, and I spent about an hour or so hashing some of this out, so I decided to kick up a new thread to get a fresh start.

The problem we first ran into was that Toy Quality, as Ben had defined it, was far too broad to really discuss. We have broken it up into three major categories: Aesthetics, Props, and Mechanics."


Now, this is integral to my statement on an earlier post "Where's the fun at?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home